The Flying Display demonstrations form part of the show with the aim to have a 3 hour display program. The following will feature (subject to weather / serviceability):
– Westland Wasp 1960s ex Royal Naval Helicopter,
– Yakolev Yak3-U (World War Two type)
– RF4 Motorglider aerobatic display,
– Antonov AN-2 Russian built transport x2,
– Great War Display Team (World War One types),
– P51 Mustang “Tall in the Saddle”,
– Swip Team (Twister aircraft),
– Calidus Autogyro helicopter,
– Breitling Wingwalker (Boeing Stearman),
– T28 Fennec,
– Muscle Pitts aerobatic biplane,
– Historic Army Flight Sioux and Scout helicopters,
– Jump4Heroes Parachute display team,
– DeHavilland Sea Vixen 1950s fighter jet,
– Pitt Special (much different from the Muscle Pitts!)
– RAF Memorial Flight Spitfire, Hurricane (Lancaster bomber tbc),
– RAF transport aircraft flypasts TBC
– UH-1 Huey helicopter (type affiliated with Vietnam War).
The worlds only airworthy Sea Vixen is part of ‘Navy Wings’ and based out of RNAS Yeovilton, in Somerset and there is an ongoing appeal to help keep her in the air – https://www.navywings.org.uk/support-us/sea-vixen-appeal-2017.
We’re also delighted to announce the uniquely modified Muscle biplane of Rich Goodwin Airshows, sponsored by Anana Ltd, a technology company focused on delivering a unique customer experience is displaying too.
Feature: Rich Goodwin – is an ex-RAF Tornado Pilot will be displaying his highly energetic Biplane, G-EWIZ, which has been specially modified to provide the ul…timate Biplane for air show entertainment. It might look like a Pitts Special, and indeed it is a Pitts Special, but don’t be under any illusions – this is not an aircraft you can buy off the shelf. The aircraft’s extensive modification programme has given this biplane, enhanced capabilities, which allow Rich to perform a unique, and extraordinary brand of aerobatics.
Rich has combined gyroscopic forces with aerobatic manoeuvres to produce a very dynamic routine, which includes; high alpha hovering, double-hammerheads, slow speed knife-edge flypasts and the amazing Tower of Power (torque rolls and backwards flight) … to name a few!
We will also have around 45+ various military and civilian aircraft to fly in for static display to include another Boeing Stearman, Mk26B Spitfire, Bulldogs, Tiger Moth, Chipmunk, Royal Naval coloured ‘Sharks’ Gazelle (Navy Wings), RAF Tucano trainer, RAF Agusta 109 VIP helicopter, RAF C130J Hercules, with most of the Flying Display aircraft (apart from the Sea Vixen and RAF Memorial Flight) operating out of Abingdon.
Ground Displays will include:
– 3 & 4 Regiments RLC Dalton Barracks / Abingdon,
– Edwards Books Barracks 7 Rifles COY,
– Farms2Ewe mobile farm,
– Abingdon Morris Dancers,
– RAF 4624 Auxillary Squadron from Brize Norton,
– Classical Vehicles,
– Miniature Steam Engines,
– Military Re-enactors,
– Various Trade Stalls and Exhibits,
– Punch & Judy Show,
– Childrens Amusements,
– HawkWalk Falconry,
– Singing by Britains Got Talent contestant Ellie Mae,
– The Mangledwurzels band,
– Radio Days band,
– Abingdon Rock Choir,
– Royal Netherlands Air Force Spitfire Simulator,322 (F16) Squadron,
– Classic Jets Radio Controlled Models,
– Cotswold Pheasant and Poultry Club,
– Doctor Who Daleks and friends,
– Williams Martini Formula One static car
– Scottish Pipes and Drums band
– Oxford Bus Company brand new double deck bus
Pre-advance tickets are available for helicopter pleasure flights from Adventure 001 after their successful first time with us so book up your tickets in advance now:
Copy & Paste the link for Pleasure Flights bookings – http://www.adventure001.com/packages/pf-abi
Go to our Ticket page for details of Admission both in Advance and on the day prices.
There will be the popular photo nightshoot again on Saturday 13th May in the evening, more details to be released about two months prior to the show.
Go Green Taxis are our official Taxi partner this year for the first time – they will run through the day to and from the airfield pick up / drop off point located on Faringdon Road (close to Willow Road / back of the airfield Married Quarters) as follows;
Didcot Parkway to the airfield – £22.40,
Stratton Way (Town Centre) to the airfield – £6.00
Christchurch (Northcourt) to the airfield – £7.60
Tilsley Park (off Dunmore Road) to the airfield – £6.80
Abingdon Business Park (Argos / Subway / B&M Store/Homebase etc car park) to the airfield – £7.80
These are approximate prices and a good idea to pre-book a taxi to guarantee a fixed price. More information can be found on www.gogreentaxisltd.co.uk / Tel: 01635 800 990
Keep updated via our twitter page / facebook pages / website.
And of course we will be carrying on supporting the Thames Valley Air Ambulance Trust.
Click on the images of the Flying Display aircraft below to enlarge.
The Huey is affiliated with the Vietnam War.